.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Bowling for Columbine 

Hmm, well I'm definitely late in coming but I just finished watching bowling for columbine, the documentary by michael more. It definitely brings up a few interesting points, however I think one of the major fallings out of the movie (as well as one of the interesting observations) is the fact that several of the people interviewed such as Mr. Heston and Dick Clark would not express their views on the matter that was asked. I would guess that they felt they were being persecuted or felt that they would be portrayed in a negative fashion. While this might be a side effect of their position on the topic, it leaves only one side to be told. I do find many of the facts presented quite interesting and definitely allows for an outside perspective on the topic. Anyways, just felt like sharing. It is also interesting to see this movie and coupling it with my observation that sydney has a very poor police presence, yet I have been assured this is because of such a small crime rate. Hmm, interesting idea - with my concept of expectation generating outcome. If the police is America expect a lot more crime, is that why we have more? Since the police in Australia do not expect very much violent crime, is the part of why there is less?

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?